OpenVPN for Linux
Instructions for Juniper VPN for Linux
You can find detailed install instructions in the INSTALL file, located in the tar.gz archive.
- Download the following file:
- Open a terminal and navigate to the folder with the downloaded archive. Unpack it with the command:
- tar -xzvf linux_vpn_8.1R3.2.tar.gz
- A directory with the name “juniper_linux” will be created. All necessary files are located in this folder.
- Open the folder “juniper_linux” (cd juniper_linux) and enter the command ./vpn-install.sh to install Network Connect (and the Perl script).
- Start the VPN connection with the command (sudo) jnc kit (or (sudo) jnc -n kit to start the VPN connection without the graphical user interface (GUI))
- Log in with your KIT account (e.g. ab1234 or uxxxx)
- You may need root access (e.g. sudo jnc kit)
- On 64 bit systems the graphical user interface (GUI) most likely causes problems . In this case use jnc -n kit to establish a VPN connection without the GUI.
- The following additional libraries are required on 64 bit systems: libc6-i386, lib32z1, lib32nss-mdns (see INSTALL file)
The following commands will uninstall Juniper VPN:
- rm -rf ~/.juniper_networks
- sudo rm -f /usr/local/bin/jnc
Detailed uninstall instructions can be found in the INSTALL file in the folder "juniper_linux"
The Network Connect VPN client is also available: General background information for Network Connect for Linux