||please send us the file of about 3 pages with a more detailed project description as mentioned in the first section; send only files in the formats MS Word or PDF.
A collection of documents should be archived in one file.
The following topics have to be addressed in the technical annex:
- research field (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering),
- underlying theory(e.g. Quantum Physics, Continuum Mechanics),
- description of goals (e.g. computation of helicopter aerodynamics),
- mathematical model (e.g. Navier-Stokes-Equations with turbulence model, Direct Simulation with Navier-Stokes-Equations),
- numerical methods (e.g. Finite Volume Method with Multigrid on unstructured tetrahedron grids,
- calculation of resources (number of grid nodes, number of time steps),
- practical relevance of expected results,
- timeframe and workplan,
- relevant literature or publications,
- necessity for use of High Performance Computing (e.g. problem scope, turnaround time, answer time, resources, scalability),
- experiences of the proposer with HPC-Technologies, results and limits from other platforms,
Please send your file with the detailed description and the name of the target computer (ForHLR I or ForHLR II) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
using as subject the acronym of your project!
If you have any problems or questions concerning this online proposal send an email to H. Häfner.