SharePoint team sites provide a web-based platform where your team can share documents and work together on a project. Based on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2013, CMK publish web applications, which support as a central knowledge database, document storage, information and communications channel the efficient exchange of information among team members.
KIT Teamsites provide the following features:
- Central announcements
- Task lists and project planning
- Document and image libraries
- Versioning of documents
- E-Mail Notification of changes
- contacts - also for use in Outlook
- Importing data from Excel spreadsheets
As an overview of functionalities and a first view on the new layout, you can use a demo page https://team-demo.kit.edu.
IT security and system access
Team sites are hosted on the internal network servers. In case of access from external networks with a kit account, please use Remote Access (VPN)
Activation access for external users: IT officers using this application form via the SCC ticket system can request this functionality.
- Setup of team site collections with extensive functionality: document libraries, image libraries, calendars, announcements and other lists.
- Support for the creation of team pages according to OE (organizational unit) requirements
- SCC-recommended standard Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
- Documentation of KIT Team Sites (SharePoint 2013)
Requests (by IT officers)
- Setting up a new team site collection:
- Activating Access for external users without a KIT Account:
Increase quota for team sites:
Not Included Services
SharePoint Designer support
- Member KIT staff
- Student at KIT
- Guest or Partner Account
- External user account created by the site collection administrators
- Assignment to an organizational unit due to budgeting
Client with Internet Browser as well as access to kit.edu