Access MS Teams
KIT employees must first agree to the Microsoft Team Privacy Statement once.
The use of MS Teams is either done in the browser or with a separate client program:
- browser requirements: Chrome or Edge
- Alternatively, there are client programs for all operating systems availabele including mobile devices. Download via the Microsoft product page.
- For SCC managed Windows clients (OPSI) the distribution is normally automatic. However, since most devices are currently not in the KIT network (home office), there is a dedicated manual for this.
Login at first start of MS Teams
Login via browser: URL: https://teams.microsoft.com
Analogous to the client program, the login takes place via the KIT Web-SSO mechanism (Shibboleth) using the user's own login name: KIT-ACCOUNT@kit.edu (find out your own KIT account)
- for staff: ab1234[at]kit.edu
- for students: uabcd[at]student.kit.edu
- for partners: ab1234[at]partner.kit.edu
To facilitate the introduction to MS Teams, you may find answers to KIT specific questions in the FAQ.
Guidance on using MS Teams in online teaching is provided by the Center for Media Learning (ZML): Use of MS Teams in teaching