The project had its kickoff from Sep 23rd - 27th 2019 in Santiago de Compostela in Spain and has a duration of two and a half years. A team of 25 engineers and scientists will work on the expansion of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) by integrating National and Scientific Infrastructures.
EOSC-Synergy is one of the EOSC regional projects that aim to coordinate national efforts to build an IT platform for research with open and seamless services for storage, management, analysis and re-use of research data, across borders and scientific disciplines.
The project is coordinated by the Spanish National Science Council and partners with
- the Laboratory for Instrumentation in Physics LIP,
- the INCD Association and LNEC in Lisbon,
- the polish national supercomputing centre PSNC in Posnan,
- the Czech national research network provider CESNET in Prague and Brno,
- the Slovak Academy of science IISAS in Bratislava,
- KNAW-DANS in the Netherlands,
- JISC in the UK,
- IRD/LEGOS in France,
- the University of Valencia in Valencia,
- ACK CYFRONET from Krakow,
- the Portuguese national network provider FCT,
- the European Grid Initiative EGI,
- the company INDRA Sistemas in Spain
- and the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
KIT is also partner in the complementary EOSC-Pillar project with focus on the national activities in Italy, France, Belgium and Austria and in the EOSC-hub and EOSC-secretariat projects that respectively build the federating technical core and governmental structure of EOSC.