Attention: The latest version of the McAfee VirusScan for Linux (version 2.0.3 for 64bit 1.9.2 for 32bit Linux operating systems) have severe vulnerabilities.
The download of the software has been disabled due to detected vulnerabilities in the software. Further information is available on the web site of Intel Security.
The successor software Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention (beginning with version 10.2; ENSLTP) does not have these vulnerabilities. This program is currently the only available anti-virus software for Linux and can only be installed on systems running a 64bit linux kernel.
Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention requires the McAfee Agent to be installed on the system. The McAfee Agent software is available here.
Supported operating systems Endpoint Security 10.2.2 (only 64bit)
- Amazon Linux AMI 2014.x and higher
- CentOS 6.x und 7.x
- Debian 8 and 9
- Fedora 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 SP 1
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.x and 7.x (Red Hat and UEK 6.7)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x and 7.x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server/Desktop 11.x SP2 and 12.x
- SUSE on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04, 15.x, 16.04, 16.10
- Ubuntu on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
A more detailed overview of the system compatibility for Linux operating systems is available on the website of McAfee/Intel Security.
The antivirus software has to be installed with administrator rights. Furthermore other antivirus software has to be uninstalled beforehand and the system should then be rebooted before installing the new antivirus software.
It is strongly recommended to keep the antivirus software at the current patch level. Among other things patches can improve the compatibility (especially for newer versions of Linux), scan performance, and address security issues.
Hotfixes address problems that might occur under certain conditions. The installation of these hotfixes is only recommended if you are experiencing these problems as described in the corresponding readme files.
Downloads Endpoint Security 10.2.2
Attention: The installation requires the McAfee agent software to be pressent on the system.
Hotfixes and Patches
- Currently no patches available