April 5, 2016 Mrs. Simone Szurmant of Additive (German Distributor of Mathematica) together with the SCC held a tutorial "Wissenstransfertag zu Mathematica". The tutorial was directed to employees and students of the KIT. Aside the talks advised exercises took place. The first part of the event from 9am to 1pm was directed to users with and without Mathematica experience. This part had about 25 participants.
The following themes were coverd by this part:
- Mathematica Notebook and Desktop
- Presentation of tools for simple operation
- Numerical computations, accuracy, fitting
- Symblic computations, integrals, differential equations
- Function and data images in 2 and 3 dimensions
- Interactivity and development of dynamical models
- Import and export of files, accessing the the online knowledge database
- On afternoon a second part followed from 2pm to 4pm. This part was directed to advanced Mathematica users. For the 15 participants mainly the new features of Mathematica Version 10 and the current functionality were treated.
The following topics were on the agenda:
- Machine learning
- Finite elements
- Geometrical calculations
- Analysis of time series
- The Wolfram Connected Devices Project
- Graphs and networks
- Geographic computation
- Structured datasets
Finally, Mrs. Szurmant addressed actual questions and problems in before sent to her by the paricipants.
Dr. Klaus Dieter Braune