bwHPC-c5: Chairing of the Competence Centre for Engineering
The Competence Centre for Engineering is an administrative structure which clusters knowledge and competences for the professional user support on high-performance computers throughout the state of Baden-Württemberg.
Further information on: https://www.bwhpc-c5.de/en/index.php
Co-Chairing of the SimLab Energy
The simulation laboratories (SimLabs) at SCC build a link between users and operators of high-performance computing (HPC). The SimLab Energy establishes the contact to research groups at KIT which are active users of HPC systems in order to create a feedback and create close cooperations with them. The contact consists of collaborations and common Ph.D.-thesises. For furtehr information please see ( https://www.scc.kit.edu/en/research/8037.php ).
Project "World of Simulations"
The project "World of Simulations" combines the efforts of scientists and professors from SCC, teachers and school students to popularise methods and results from scientific simulations in secondary schools in the state Baden-Württemberg ( https://www.simulierte-welten.de/ ).
Scientific Topics and Areas of Interest
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), code-development and code-optimization
- High-Performance Computiong (HPC) of turbulent flows with heat- and mass transfer
- Euler-Lagrange simulations for supercomputers
- Simulation of turbulent premixed flames
- Jet in crossflow
1. Galeazzo, F.C.C., N.K. Fukumasu, J.A. Denev, Ch. Weis, P. Habisreuther and G.C.K. Filho 2019 `Change in Flame Geometry of an Ethanol Spray Flame by Varying the Spray Characteristics’. Combustion Science and Technology, Volume 191, 2019 - Issue 9, pp. 1693-1710. https://doi.org/10.1080/00102202.2019.1639682
2. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther, H. Bockhorn and D. Trimis 2019 `Enhancing OpenFOAM’s Performance on HPC Systems’. 22nd HLRS Results and Review Workshop (submitted)
3. Denev, J.A., I. Naydenova, F. Zhang, T. Zirwes and H. Bockhorn (2019) `Unsteady pure straining effects on lean premixed flames of different Lewis numbers’. Proceedings of the European Combustion Meeting – 2019, April 14-17, Lisboa, Portugal, p. S4_AIII_37
4. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, H. Bockhorn and D. Trimis 2018 `Optimizing Load Balancing of Reacting Flow Solvers in OpenFOAM for High Performance Computing’. Proc. of 6th ESI OpenFOAM User Conference, ESI-OpenCFD, Oct. 17-19, 2018, Hamburg, Germany , p. 1-13
5. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther, H. Bockhorn and D. Trimis 2018 `Improved Vectorization for Efficient Chemistry Computations in OpenFOAM for Large Scale Combustion Simulations’. In: W.E. Nagel; D.H. Kröner; M.M. Resch. High Performance Computing in Science and Engineering '18, Springer, 2018, pp.209-224. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-13325-2_13
6. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther, H. Bockhorn and D. Trimis 2018 `Detailed Transport and Performance Optimization for Massively Parallel Simulations of Turbulent Combustion with OpenFOAM’. The 13th OpenFOAM Workshop. June 24-29 2018, Shanghai, China
7. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther and H. Bockhorn 2017 `Automated Code Generation for Maximizing Performance of Detailed Chemistry Calculations in OpenFOAM’. High Performance Computing in Science and Engineering '17. Springer International Publishing, 2017, pp. 189-204. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-68394-2_11
8. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther, H. Bockhorn and N. Zarzalis 2017 `Effect of Elevated Pressure on the Flame Response To Stretch of Premixed Flames’. 28. Deutscher Flammentag, VDI-Berichte 2302, VDI, p. 549-561, (ISBN 978-3-18-092302-4), 6 September - 7 September, 2017, Darmstadt, Deutschland
9. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther, H. Bockhorn and N. Zarzalis 2017 `Response of Local and Global Consumption Speed to Stretch in Laminar Steady-State Flames’. Proceedings of the 8th European Combustion Meeting – 2017, April 18-21, Dubrovnik, Croatia, ECM2017.0379
10. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther and H. Bockhorn 2017 ‘Optimization of Chemical Kinetics for HPC Modeling of Turbulent Combustion’. Transactions of the High Performance Computing Center, Stuttgart (HLRS) 2017
11. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther, H. Bockhorn and N. Zarzalis 2017 ‘Effect of elevated pressure on the flame response to stretch of premixed flames’. 28. Deutscher Flammentag Verbrennung und Feuerung, Darmstadt, 06. - 07. September 2017, VDI-Berichte 2302, pp. 549-561, (ISBN 978-3-18-092302-4)
12. Zirwes, T., F. Zhang, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther, H. Bockhorn and N. Zarzalis 2017 ‘Response of local and global consumption speed to stretch in laminar steady-state flames’. Proceedings of the 8th European Combustion Meeting (ECM 2017), 18-21 April, Dubrovnik, Croatia
13. Zhang, F., T. Baust, T. Zirwes, J.A. Denev, P. Habisreuther, N. Zarzalis and H. Bockhorn 2017 ‘Impact of infinite thin flame approach on the evaluation of flame speed using spherically expanding flames’. Energy Technology, 5(7) 1055-1063. DOI:10.1002/ente.201600573, http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ente.201600573
14. Denev J.A., I. Dinkov and H. Bockhorn 2016 ‘Burner design for an industrial furnace operating at conditions of thermal post-combustion’. Energy Procedia, Vol. 120, pp. 484-491. ISSN 1876-6102, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2017.07.171
15. Hettel, M., J.A. Denev and O. Deutschmann 2016 ‘Two-zone fluidized bed reactors for butadiene production: A multiphysical approach with solver coupling for supercomputing application’. Transactions of the High Performance Computing Center, Stuttgart (HLRS) 2016, 269-280.
16. Reznik, B., J.A. Denev and H. Bockhorn 2016 ‘Adaptive silicon oxycarbide coatings with controlled hydrophilic or hydrophobic properties’. Adv. Eng. Mater., 18(5) 703-710, doi:10.1002/adem.201500364
Publications at EBI (before July 2015)
Link to the publication list at EBI, Combustion Division.