With KIT team sites you can share information over a web-based platform at KIT.EDU
|Contact Person:||Sabine Grindler|
SharePoint team sites provide a web-based platform where your team can share documents and work together on a project. Based on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2013, CMK publish web applications, which support as a central knowledge database, document storage, information and communications channel the efficient exchange of information among team members.
KIT Teamsites provide the following features:
- Central announcements
- Task lists and project planning
- Document and image libraries
- Versioning of documents
- E-Mail Notification of changes
- contacts - also for use in Outlook
- Importing data from Excel spreadsheets
As an overview of functionalities and a first view on the new layout, you can use a demo page https://team-demo.kit.edu.
IT security and system access
Team sites are hosted on the internal network servers. In case of access from external networks with a kit account, please use Remote Access (VPN)
Activation access for external users: IT officers using this application form via the SCC ticket system can request this functionality.
- Setup of team site collections with extensive functionality: document libraries, image libraries, calendars, announcements and other lists.
- Support for the creation of team pages according to OE (organizational unit) requirements
- SCC-recommended standard Internet Explorer 32-bit and Mozilla Firefox
- Documentation of KIT Team Sites (SharePoint 2013)
Requests (by IT officers)
- Setting up a new team site collection:
- Activating Access for external users without a KIT Account:
Increase quota for team sites:
Not Included Services
SharePoint Designer support
- Member KIT staff
- Student at KIT
- Guest or Partner Account
- External user account created by the site collection administrators
- Assignment to an organizational unit due to budgeting
Client with Internet Browser as well as access to kit.edu
The cost of this service will be calculated according to the budgeting rules applied to your organization.