The directory is automatically created when the following path is first accessed:
- Thus, access does not change when employees move to another organizational unit.
Storage capacity, -type:
- Directory size 10 GB
- Storage capacity based on SATA Raid
- Access of a KIT employee with a personal KIT account.
- The personal directory cannot be shared with other users. Directories to be shared with other users must be set up under the OE directory.
- Part of the basic IT equipment
Further documents and instructions
- Access for non-Windows computers only via CIFS protocol (no NFS, e.g. Linux users must use a CIFS client)
- Access from outside only via VPN
- Integrated into the central (TSM) backup system of the SCC.
*Timeframe Production: 30 single day versions are kept. http://www.scc.kit.edu/downloads/sys/Aeltere_Versionen_von_Dateien_oder_Ordnern_wiederherstellen.pdf Users can access these versions themselves and without significant delay to restore files. *Replication time frame: 7 individual daily versions are kept. Access to these versions is currently only possible with the support of the SCC/SYS. The first point of contact is the ITB/Oe-FS admin of the OU! He coordinates the recovery with the SCC/SYS. *For the disaster case, one full version per week is kept in the TSM backup (tapes) for a maximum period of 2 weeks. This backup is used for SCC internal operations only.
Services not included
KIT employees with KIT user account KIT account