User management for ITB
The designated IT officers (ITB) of a KIT OU have the possibility via this service, among other things, to have a new password randomly generated for accounts of their supervised OU. It is not possible to specify a password yourself. Furthermore, accounts can be removed from groups that are also managed by the group administration for ITB.
An ITB can have a new password generated for accounts of his OU (staff, GuP, service accounts and admin accounts). The ITB cannot specify a new password. Also, accounts can be removed from groups that are also managed by the group management for ITB. The service is automatically available to all ITBs through the admin portal https://www.scc.kit.edu/sl/admin (direct link: https://team.kit.edu/sites/scc-admin-tools/benutzerverwaltung/). Activation or application is not necessary.
- Password reset
- Removing a user from groups of the group management
- Access to KIT-ITB portal with valid KIT user account
- Access only for IT officers, limited to the OU for which they are a member of the SCC-ITB-OE group (See also Group Management for ITB).
- Intranet access and terminal device with common Internet browser.
- From outside the KIT network you need remote access via VPN