Research and Innovation
Science for Services – Services for Science
SCC's research and developments aim particularly at a permanent and innovative optimisation of the IT services. The sectors IT services and research & development in the field of applied information technologies are established under one roof in order to achieve a maximum efficiency and quality.
SCC stands for internationally visible research, development and innovation in the fields of high performance computing (HPC), data intensive computing (DIC), and secure IT federations. As part of these activities SCC cooperates with partners from science and industry in Europe and beyond. SCC’s research focuses on scientific computing, modelling and simulation, large scale data management & analysis, grids, and cloud computing. Other priorities are cluster computing, innovative network technologies, IT security, and virtualisation.
SCC participates in two programmes of the Helmholtz Association. In the Helmholtz research field Key Technologies, SCC works in the programme Supercomputing on computational science and engineering with the four Simulation Laboratories, on secure IT federations with Grid Research and the development of the GGUS framework, and on data intensive science with the Large Scale Data Facility (LSDF) and the Large Scale Data Management and Analysis (LSDMA) project comprising Data Life Cycle Labs (DLCL). In the Helmholtz field Structure of Matter, SCC operates as part of the programme Elementary Particle Physics the large scale facility GridKa, the German tier 1 center of the Worldwide LHC Computing Grid (WLCG).
- Project Overview
- Data Management, Data Analysis and secure IT Federations
- bwDataDiss - Data Portal for Dissertations
- bwDIM - bwDataInMotion
- EDEL - Development of a decentralized electronic laboratory notebook
- Federated Identity Management
- EUDAT 2020
- Grid Computing
- Helmholtz Analytics Framework
- Helmholtz-Datenföderation (HDF)
- Large Scale Data Management & Analysis
- Large Scale Data Facility (LSDF)
- Forschungsdaten Management
- RADAR - Research Data Repositorium
- Service team research data management
- Smart Data Innovation Lab
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Dynamic IT Infrastructures