At SCC you work in an innovative organisation with an excellent reputation; an organisation in the middle of international technological developments that helps accellerating science. If you wish to set ambitious goals, find freedom and flexibility in your work and continue to develop your personal strengths, then a job at SCC is just the thing for you.
We are always happy to receive your application, even if currently no vacancies are listed, a job opening for researchers, administrators, scientific supporters is always around the corner.
Are you interested in working with us? Then send your speculative application to: personal∂scc.kit.edu
Students interested in working as a research assistant or looking for a topic for their master or bachelor thesis are also welcome. Theses can be supervised primarily in computer science or mathematics, but we also have good contacts to other KIT faculties.
The Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC) is the Information Technology Centre of KIT. We work in a wide variety of projects with universities, research institutions and companies, both nationally and internationally. Topics range from the analysis of large scale data to data-intensive computing and cloud computing to parallel and numerical methods. We develop and operate innovative IT services as well as large research facilities.
Jobs at SCC
- Projektsachbearbeitung (w/m/d) - für das nationale und regionale Hochleistungsrechnen -
- Scientific Researcher (f/m/d) Uncertainty quantification in multiscale materials modelling - PhD Position / 75% part-time -
- Computer scientist (f/m/d)
- Systems Architect (f/m/d) - Focus Fileservices -
- Projektmanagerin / Projektmanager (w/m/d) - Projektleiterin / Projektleiter (w/m/d) für bwCard-Chipkartenmanagement -
Offers for students
Doctoral theses, final theses, master's theses and bachelor's theses
- The Data Analytics, Access and Applications(D3A) department offers master's and bachelor's theses.
- The Data Exploitation Methods (DEM) department offers graduate and doctoral theses.
- The Fixed Point Methods for Numerics at Exascale (FiNE) research group offers master's and bachelor's theses.
- The Scientific Computing & Mathematics(SCM) department offers master's and bachelor's theses.
- The Uncertainty Quantification (UQ) research group offers master's and bachelor's theses.
Mentoring program for female STEM students
The new mentoring program Warp4IT "Women as research peers for Information Technology" aims to give female STEM students an insight into the working life of female scientists through project work.
female scientists through project work. Further information: Warp4IT
Research assistants wanted
- Offer: Screencast creation in the department Applications, Middleware and IT Architecture (AMA)
- Offers in the departmentData Analytics, Access and Applications(D3A)
- Offers in the department Networks and Telecommunications
- Offers in the department Scientific Computing & Simulation