We are always happy to receive your application, even if no vacancies are listed below. Students interested in working as a research assistant or looking for a topic for their thesis are also welcome. Theses can be supervised primarily in computer science or mathematics, but we also have good contacts to other KIT faculties.
The Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC) is the Information Technology Centre of KIT. We work in a wide variety of projects with universities, research institutions and companies, both nationally and internationally. Topics range from the analysis of large scale data to data-intensive computing and cloud computing to parallel and numerical methods. We develop and operate innovative IT services as well as large research facilities.
Are you interested in working with us? Then send your speculative application to: personal∂scc.kit.edu
- Unique interdisciplinary working environment to provide IT services and perform research under one roof
- Career step in computational science with focus on scientific workflow methodology
- Developing new, and extend and adapt existing scientific workflow methods to enable domain-specific solutions in computational nanoscience, in particular to improve usability and scalability of scientific workflow applications on high performance computing systems (HPC)
- Disseminating knowledge about workflow methods to application scientists in form of tutorials and in several collaborative projects within the program
- Deploying middleware (such as UNICORE, FireWorks, MongoDB)
- Doctoral degree in computer science or computational science
- Experience with workflow systems, workflow languages and/or high performance computing
Applications and inquiries should be sent via email to Dr. Ivan Kondov (ivan kondovEgn2∂kit edu).