McAfee Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention (ENSLTP)
The successor software Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention (ENSLTP) does not have these vulnerabilities. This program is currently the only available anti-virus software for Linux and can only be installed on systems running a 64bit linux kernel. The current version is 10.6.3.
Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention requires the McAfee Agent (minimum version 5.6.1) to be installed on the system. The latest McAfee Agent software is available here.
Supported operating systems Endpoint Security 10.6.4 (only 64bit)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3, 11 SP4, and 12 SP3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10, 5.11, 6.x, and 7.x
- Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04, 15.x, 16.04 and 18.04
- Amazon Linux AMI 2014 and later
- Amazon Linux 2017.12 and 2018.3
- CentOS 6.x and 7.x
- SUSE und Ubuntu on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.x and 7.x (both Red Hat and UEK 6.7)
- Debian 9
A more detailed overview of the system compatibility for Linux operating systems is available on the website of McAfee/Intel Security.
The antivirus software has to be installed with administrator rights. Furthermore other antivirus software has to be uninstalled beforehand and the system should then be rebooted before installing the new antivirus software.
It is strongly recommended to keep the antivirus software at the current patch level. Among other things patches can improve the compatibility (especially for newer versions of Linux), scan performance, and address security issues.
Hotfixes address problems that might occur under certain conditions. The installation of these hotfixes is only recommended if you are experiencing these problems as described in the corresponding readme files.
Downloads Endpoint Security 10.6.4
Attention: The installation requires the McAfee agent software to be pressent on the system.
Hotfixes and Patches
- There are currently no hotfixes and no patches for Endpoint Security 10.