- You can only find people who have agreed to use Microsoft Teams. No record is created in the address book without consent.
- Shorter searches than 6 characters are not possible.
- Students can only be found in the employee client if they have been invited.
- Students can only be searched by first name and surname if they have agreed to the transfer. Otherwise students are only listed under pseudonym.
- One account can have multiple email addresses associated with it, but only one of them is transferred to the Microsoft cloud. Therefore, finding an email address is often difficult.
- Newly created accounts are not immediately available in the directories.
- Your team client may have cached old search results.
In order for you (the students) to be offered courses in teams, the following steps must be taken:
- The invitation to join a team must be accepted (join team). The invitation is sent out by the lecturer, or you can join a team in Ilias.
- Teams must be started (web application or app) and
Solution for problems
The cause of the problem is most likely due to an error at Microsoft and the sometimes very long synchronization times of individual components.
- Please try Chrome https://teams.microsoft.com first.
- Log out/log in. To log out means: Click on log out in the top right corner. Always log in with your KIT Account uxxxx∂student.kit.edu to
- For problems with the desktop app (client change works in the browser)
- switch back and forth between clients in the browser. This should also be possible with a time delay in the client.
- Empty the cache: https://medium.com/365uc/how-to-force-refresh-rebuild-of-microsoft-teams-client-cache-e92b7739fca3
- Reinstall the desktop app.