Smartphone with app as second factor
Functionally identical to the KIT tokens, a smartphone can also be used on which a suitable application is installed. Apps tested by us are Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, FreeOTP Authenticator and Sophos Authenticator.
- Go to https://my.scc.kit.edu/token
- Select "New Token
- Install one of the mentioned apps from the app store of your operating system
- Click on "Start
- Open the installed app and use it to scan the displayed QR code.
- Sophos Authenticator: "Scan QR code".
- Google Authenticator: via the plus sign and "Scan barcode".
- Microsoft Authenticator: via the plus sign and "Other account".
- FreeOTP Authenticator: via the QR code icon at the top.
- The app will now show you a six-digit code that is valid for one minute.
- Click on "Confirm token" and enter the current code.
The verification is last step ensures that the app has set up the token correctly.
If you are later asked for a token to log in, open the app on your smartphone and enter the displayed value.