MS Teams - Tutorials
- A video from Microsoft that explains the first steps
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) for the MS Cloud account
To secure the use of your own account in the cloud, you can use a second factor in the application.
Generate join link for students
- Das MS Team wurde in der Organisation "Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)" angelegt
- Das Team wird in Campus Team Connect verwaltet
- Der Link, über den die Studierenden dem Team beitreten sollen, muss über Campus Team Connect generiert worden sein und wie folgt aussehen: „http://connect.studium.kit.edu/teams/join/xxxxx“ (=Join-Link).
- Studierende benötigen ein gültiges MS Teams Konto am KIT - Zustimmung der Datenschutzerklärung ist erforderlich
Creation of an accession link (join link)
You can manage any team created in MS Teams in Campus Team Connect, enabling students to join independently. The following steps are necessary:
- Optional - if the team does not exist yet
- Open MS Team
- Create a team in the organization "Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Open https://connect.studium.kit.edu/teams
- Log in with your KIT account
- The website will show you a list of all your teams, whether they are managed through Campus Team Connect or not
- Select the team you want to "share" with students and click "Team mit Connect verwalten" (Manage Team with Connect) or "Team verwalten" (Manage Team).
- This will take you to a new page and give you the join link
- Note: If necessary, you can also regenerate the accession link if the original link has been used before and your group of participants has changed in the meantime.
- Copy the join link and
- distribute this link to your students or enter exactly this join link in ILIAS
- This join link then gives students the ability to SELF join or leave the team
Use KIT background images in MS Teams
At KIT, SEK provides a few wallpapers at https://kit-cd.sek.kit.edu/hintergrundbilder_onlinemeetings.php . To be able to select them in any of your MS Teams meetings, download these images and save them to the appropriate storage directory on your computer or simply select them via the desktop app.
Show background image in a MS Teams meeting
- Start a meeting
- Select "Background filter" below your image
- The background settings appear on the right
- Via "Add new" images stored in the storage directory (see below) can be added to the selection.
- The added image appears in the selection list and can be selected
- The selected image is automatically added to your meeting image.
Folder for background images
- Default: %appdata%:= „c:\users\<user>\AppData\Roaming“
- /users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Backgrounds/Uploads
- @LinuxUser: If you have a solution, feel free to inform us ;-)
If you use images and photos from the Internet or private area, please observe the copyright, copyrights and data protection. The following image properties are recommended:
- Resolution 1920x1080 pixel
- Color depth: 24 or 32 Bit
- Format: PNG
Recordings of team meetings
Click on the team
click the three dots with the left
select the command "Edit Team
When renaming, the new OU designation is automatically placed in front of it. So you have to remove the previous OU designation from the name.
So you have to remove the leading OU in the name. In the lower line you can see the final name.
So becomes from:
Now confirm at the bottom with "Update".
Live subtitle and Transcription
Live subtitles - Released at KIT
Anyone taking part in a meeting can have the spoken words displayed live during the meeting.
After the meeting has ended, however, the subtitle texts are no longer available or comprehensible.
- Live subtitles will be activated on 15.11.23 at KIT to increase accessibility in MS Teams.
- Here you will find a short guide to subtitles in meetings at KIT
Transcription - NOT approved at KIT
When transcribing, the spoken words are also logged as text.
This word log is then saved in the team or in the chat and can be read subsequently.