Checklist for failure reports regarding KIT Wi-Fi
For fast and efficient troubleshooting we need the following details. Please tell them for reporting failures to the service desk by telephone or when reporting failures by e-mail.
- When and where exactly (building, floor, room) did the failure occur?
- Has it ever worked before at this location?
- To which SSID are you trying to connect?
- Was none of these SSIDs recognized by the client or was the signal too weak?
- Has the authentication failed for KIT or eduroam?
o Which account was used (maybe check the password via the relevant portal?)?
- Was the authentication successfully but the client indicated limited network connectivity (no IP address was assigned by the DHCP server)?
- Which IP address was assigned (enter “ipconfig” in the Windows CMD window)?