SAP Web Portal
The SAP portal provides access to SAP applications such as Employee Self Services (ESS/MSS), decentralized procurement (Supplier Relationship Management, SRM) and reporting (Business Warehouse, SAP-BW). Access to the applications is platform-independent via a web browser.
News November 2022:
UP (https://up.scc.kit.edu/) is the successor for the SAP web portal and will be available to all KIT employees who have been using ESS in the SAP web portal so far as of November 2022. There are currently three apps that can be called up (News, My Profile, My Certificates). Further apps will be made available step by step in UP. The SAP web portal can continue to be used as usual. More information can be found on the UP service website at https://www.scc.kit.edu/dienste/16512.php.
Please note the following known problem when using the SAP Web Portal and UP at the same time: If you are prompted to log on to another PR1 system after successfully logging on to the SAP Web Portal when calling the other apps (e.g., ESS/MSS), please log off from the SAP Web Portal and UP, close all open browser windows, and log on to the SAP Web Portal again.
The SAP Web Portal (https://sap-portal.scc.kit.edu/) is the uniform entry point to SAP applications for KIT employees. This includes the following applications:
- Employee Self Service (ESS) - employee administration, e.g., retrieval of certificates, time recording, or vacation requests.
- Manager Self Service (MSS) - manager administration, e.g. approval of vacation requests
- Business Warehouse (BW) - reporting
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) - centralized and decentralized procurement, hospitality order, and for GFB only, service requests, dispatch orders, driving service orders and waste delivery orders
- Guest and partner management (GuP) - management of guest and partner
- Person days (PT) - recording of person days
This service is available to KIT employees (except auxiliary staff) via their KIT account and second factor (token). The functionalities of the ESS (at least retrieval of certificates and modification of own data) are automatically available to all employees without application.
To obtain authorization to enter person days, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to the service desk (email@example.com).
Access to other applications in the portal (MSS, BW, SRM, GuP, approval of person days), on the other hand, must be requested. The corresponding request must be signed by the head of your organizational unit and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PC/notebook (Windows, Linux)
- Internet access
- Browser (IE, Firefox)
- Outside KIT: VPN connection (e.g. KIT standard VPN with kit.ovpn)
- second factor for authentication(token)
This service places increased demands on IT security. Therefore, to use this service, you need a token to perform two-factor authentication (2FA).
To use Reporting (BW) in the SAP Web Portal, the following additional requirements are necessary:
- Installed MS Office version (32 or 64 bit).
- Installed Analysis for Office (AO) add-on
- VPN special access (kit-vpn2vlan.ovpn): inside KIT <KIT-Account>@sap; outside KIT <KIT-Account>@sap-von-aussen
For more information on the technical requirements for using BW, see https://www.scc.kit.edu/dienste/15065.php